To provide technical installation, servicing and solution support expertise to our customers in relation to all HRS solutions, always delivering to a consistently high standard and achieving high customer satisfaction and feedback.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Subject matter expert in the installation of all MSite products
- Modify / change all hardware configurations to include PC, access control boards, system related peripheral devices
- Recommend upgrades to existing technical architecture and site processes
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the platform on which HRS systems rest, e.g. Windows 7 / 8. Including the ability to interrogate networks, services, running applications and system diagnostics with the platform
- Generate Issues logs and feedback customer requests the appropriate HRS team, following each visit
- Understanding of web based user interfaces and 3G / Wireless communications
Physical Installation and Support
- Assist On Boarding Team with organising stock and preparing outbound equipment/components for each project.
- Install and commission HRS solutions on customer sites
- Work with 3rd parties to integrate HRS solutions/systems
- Ensure that the Work Package via Field Aware is followed and the appropriate documentation is completed and signed off by the relevant parties and passed to the relevant HRS team
- Ensure all on-site work is carried out in a professional and timely manner and to the standards required by HRS
- Recommend improvements where appropriate to installation procedures and ways of working
- Adhere to all Health & Safety standards without exception, raising any issues or incidents promptly and promoting a culture of safety
- Provide comprehensive training to all solution super users using the training materials provided, including the use of How To.
- Provide the On Boarding Team with practical feedback which allows training material to be continuously updated to meet user requirements.
- Complete a ‘job report’ for each site visited – for review with Senior Engineer
- Ensure thorough commissioning documentation of configured items, whether it be hardware components or parameters within a fixed peripheral.
- Ensure all stock items are fully documented, with serial numbers, and details of the intended location are recorded
- Generate/create any relevant installation related documentation.
- Ensure vehicle maintained to appropriate standard at all times
- Maintain vehicle stock levels at all times
- Adhere to all internal administration processes/ procedures and their respective timelines
- Identify and address personal and professional development needs, and show commitment to continued learning
- Champion the company’s vision and values and contribute to the development of the culture and identity
The right person
- 5 GCSE’s – C or above (including Maths and English)
- HNC/HND – electrical /electronic related discipline
- NVQ level 3 – engineering related discipline
- City & Guilds/ONC – engineering related discipline
- Full clean UK driving license
- City & Guilds (or similar) – In domestic level electrical installations
- City & Guilds 17th Edn Wiring Regulations
- CSCS accreditation
- Intermediate knowledge of electronic principles
At least 5 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Access Control installation
- Electrical Control systems
- CCTV System installation
- Fire Detection system installation
- Low voltage electronics and electromechanical switching components
- Configuration and use of Windows 7 / 8 & Microsoft Office products
- Standard network topology and data communication principles (e.g. 3G / Wireless Communications / IP Addresses)
- Previous delivery of customer training
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers / logic circuits
- System design (Access Control / CCTV)
- Excellent communication skills when liaising with colleagues and customers
- Self-motivated with a positive and enthusiastic personality
- Friendly, professional and patient approach
- Professional appearance
- Excellent work ethic relating to timekeeping, attendance and attitude.
- Take real pride in all work
- Strong MS Office skills
- Demonstrable passion and enthusiasm for the implementation of technology